Gingered Watercress Chicken Soup
There’s nothing like a bowl of homemade soup for warmth and comfort. Flavored with the sharp, spicy tang of ginger and hints of lemon, this soup provides a powerful flavor profile, but the broth base delivers a light presence.
- In a saucepot, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add ginger, garlic and salt until just fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add carrots, onion and celery and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in watercress and chicken and cook until heated through, about one minute.
- Stir in lemon zest. Garnish with scallions, if desired.
Nutritional InfoNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 130; Total Fat 5 g (Sat 1 g; Trans 0 g; Poly 0.5 g; Mono 3 g); Cholesterol 30 mg; Sodium 1290 mg; Potassium 420 mg; Total Carbohydrates 8 g; Dietary Fiber 2 g; Total Sugars 4 g; Protein 13 g
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.