Watercress and Pork Potstickers
- Mix meat filling ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix flour and salt into a large bowl. Measure out 1/2 cup boiling water and add to bowl of dry ingredients.
- Stir with wooden spoon until cool enough to work with hands. Knead 5 minutes over a lightly floured work surface until smooth. Divide into two equal balls.
- Roll each ball into a 12 inch snake. Slice each snake into 1/2 inch sections, about a dozen per snake. With a rolling pin, roll out each section into a round wrapper, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop a heaping amount of filling onto the middle of a wrapper. Fold over and pinch edges. Put aside and repeat.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of peanut oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Arrange a dozen potstickers in a single layer. Fry a couple minutes uncovered until golden brown on bottom. Drizzle 1/2 cup of water into the pan and cover. Cook several more minutes, until water is absorbed and cooked off. Flip the potstickers to lightly brown the other side before serving.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of soy sauce, black vinegar, sesame oil and hot oil.
Photo: F. Janisch
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.